Thursday, August 31, 2017

Country Garden

My final my favourite thing to share with you this month is flowers. 

My Grandmother was phenomenal with putting together bright coloured flowers in our flower beds. My job was to follow her as she planted with the "magic" bucket to water the flowers after they were planted. The "magic" made the water blue.......such a fun child hood memory! As an adult I know what turned the water blue........but I still like to pretend I didn't know <wink> 

I think Country Garden is the perfect stamp to use to share.......flowers.



I have another favourite thing to share and that is country colours. Dusty rose and what I call a grey blue are some of my favourite colours. After colouring my stamp, I cut it out using a stitched rectangle die. Some paper from Julia Nutting and MFT were perfect. A white picket fence, cotton lace bow and some gumdrops finish off my card.  
I decided to keep the layout quite simple and will add the sentiment to the inside of the card when I have an occasion to use it. 

Card Recipe 
Stamps: Country Garden - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Paper Dolls - Julia Nutting, Watercolor Wash - MFT
 Tuxedo Black ink - Memento,  Misti, baby blue ink - Memories, fence and lamp post die - YNS, stitched rectangle die - YNS, white sugar and sparkle gumdrops - YNS, cotton lace ribbon - stash

Spectrum Markers: AG1 AG3 AG5 CG4 DG3 JG6 CT1 CT2 CT4 GB5 AP1 AP3 AP4 AB1 AB2 AB3 EB6 EB3 EB5 OG2 DG2 DG4 VB1 VB2 VB3
Copics: RV11 RV32 RV36

 Join us for our My Favourite Things challenge. Here's the link and a few details: August Challenge

Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a fantastic day!